NOLA/ Nawlins/ New Orleans was hands down one of the craziest cities I’ve ever been to. Admittedly, we did get there just in time for Mardi Gras 😉 …But trust me, this city has NO shortage of activities.
The Big Easy treated us very well, and if you haven’t been yet, you are missing out on, what is in my opinion, one of the best cities in America.
New Orleans is beautiful–inside and out. I was swoon from the get-go. The culture of this place is unparalleled to any other city I’ve been to in the U.S.. The music, the food, and the pure love of life that exudes from every street corner is something to revel in.
My friends and I were in New Orleans for 5 days and by the end of the trip we were all wishing we lived there. The vibe of NOLA is super relaxed and if you just let yourself wander, you’ll stumble into the most incredible things and truly get the most out of this city:
- The French Quarter
- Bourbon Street (Hand Grenades & Huge Ass Beers)
- Frenchman Street (Live music >>>)
- The French Market & Shopping District (The flea market and vintage shops are to die for!)
- Take the trolley up and down Canal Street (Hop on, hop off, get lost!)
- Any and every side street (Seriously, they’re all great and have something unique to offer.)
- Hole-in-the-walls for local food (I can die happy knowing I stumbled upon the best Creole food in New Orleans…)
Who’s been to New Orleans before? I’d definitely like to go back again and would love to hear more suggestions!