Happy Monday Bloggers!
I wanted to share this link I came across on one of my favorite blogs, HonestlyWTF. If you’re not following already- do it now! The duo behind this great site have curated quite a lovely collection; With everything from DIY projects and beauty tips to editorials and amazing art, click on the link and you’ll find out why I love this site so much!
This is the stunning ad I’m currently obsessed with: Petals Over Costa Rica was made to showcase the amazing quality of one of Sony’s new HD televisions. By using over 8 million flower petals to mimic the number of pixels in the display, they really created something beautiful.
…This is a great read! And trust me, it’s not what you think… 😉
It’s finally happening!
I am so proud (If you can say that about a billion dollar company) that Ford is embracing the change it wishes to see in the world. Ford’s new Focus is sleek, affordable, and most importantly efficient! I got a flyer in the mail today encouraging me to check out the movement online, but I’m already sold. Ford has always been known as a pioneer in the car industry, and now their legacy will continue for generations to come. It’s not just a smart move to go green, but it’s the right one. *applause*
Check out just what makes the 2013 Ford Focus so special, here.
Great article via Lonely Planet on everything money related when traveling abroad.
The photographer responsible for the above photo uses time lapses to capture beautiful skies. Check out more photos from the series here.
Dove’s newest campaign on what “real beauty” means was recently unveiled, and with over 9 million views, you’d think it was a success. I’ll admit, when I watched the video for the first time I got a little emotional. However, after re-watching the commercial, although intended to be revolutionary, wasn’t really different at all. I found the following response to the campaign on Tumblr. It is spot on. Read here.
Great PSA by ADL National.
Video via (Doobybrain.com)
Hello fellow bloggers!
I’ve been meaning to share some of my favorite Tumblr accounts for a while now, but I kept getting side-tracked! For those of you who don’t know what Tumblr is, it’s another blogging platform (like WordPress), however, it’s much more streamlined and mostly images are circulated. Of course, there are options to post links, quotes, audio, and video.
What I like most about Tumblr is that there is so much variety. What I mean is, you log on and never know what your dashboard (similar to the WordPress “feed”) will look like. With Pinterest, there is a lot of repetition and being on the site gets boring after awhile. On WordPress, you really have to know who to follow to make the most of your experience. But, on Tumblr, I’ve uncovered so many unique blogs just by clicking around. There is literally a blog for everything. Obsessed with One Direction? Lover of Pizza? Or maybe you want to see cats with lots of money? Tumblr has it all.
With that being said, here is a list of my all-time favorite Tumblr pages (in no particular order):
- MONSTAFEVA– Artist Fefe Talavera’s tumblr account is just as insane as her paintings.
- Think Different– Just a truly awesome collection of images, and even better music.
- Dior– Dior’s official Tumblr account, need I say more?
- Bohemea– Fashion & Film stills. In one word: Chic.
- Vintage Gal-Everything from classic movie GIFs to retro pin-up goddesses, this is the perfect vintage blog.
- Through Opened Eyes– What I’d imagine an acid trip to be like—an endless supply of really weird images, I love it.
- Explore– I’ve learned so much by following this blog—great quotes, articles, and videos.
- Beautiful Swear Words– NSFW; Being vulgar has never been so vogue.
- rADVENTURES– A collaborative effort by a group of friends sharing their rad adventures (get it? rADVENTURES..)
- Black and White– Only black and white photos, beautiful.
Ok, I think 10 is a good place to stop. If you have a tumblr, leave a comment with your URL! I’d love to check your page out! Also, if you have any suggestions of other blogs I should follow, comment and let me know!