I am so full of emotions right now and I’m not quite sure how to express them.
- It still baffles me as to how can someone have SO much hate in their heart that they can commit such a horrific crime?
- Why do they do it? Are their motivations really that strong? Or does someone else pressure them? What point does it prove? Who do they think it will hurt the most? Do they expect to get away with it? How many days of their life did they spend perfecting such a sick plan? Do they regret their actions afterwards?
- I get so nauseated thinking about whoever may have committed the crime, but then I start to think about myself and my actions.
- I keep reading, I keep watching, I can’t look away. It’s disgusting. How can I be so used to hearing these things that I scroll through article after article? As if it’s a normal occurrence, as if worse things have happened, as if it’s OK to be OK with actions like this. When did that happen? and why? Are these events so frequent that it just gets passed off as another day? ..And it terrifies me. I just don’t know how to handle it.
- I also struggle with the fact that, maybe, in some sort of gross and twisted way, we are lucky. We are seeing these tragedies more and more in the US, but compared to the rest of the world, we still have no idea what it is like to live in a place that is constantly being torn apart by violence, corruption, and oppression.
I am not trying to belittle what happened today by any means. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by this tragedy, and I am confident that the justice system will find whoever is responsible.