I always look at the glass like it’s half full even when it’s more than halfway empty. I always have. I’ve been called out on this characteristic before- Everything from: “How can you say that? We’re obviously not going to … Continue reading
Today was such a perfect day. It sounds silly because by all standard accounts it was nothing out of the ordinary. But, the sun was shining, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and I got to catch up with one of my good friends who I hadn’t seen in months. Summer is so close I can almost taste it, and I am so so very excited to see what adventures the next couple months bring.
Today, I was a proud recipient of the William J. Hopp Endowed Scholarship. I was chosen for this award because of my “academic accomplishments and potential to succeed in the advertising profession.” The award was established by Mr. Tony Hopp, the Chairman and CEO of Campbell-Ewald agency. He established the scholarship to honor his father, William J. Hopp, who was the first one to encourage him to pursue advertising as a career.
I am trying to be as humble as possible, but I am just so happy! ..And I can’t lie- being recognized for doing great, is well, great!
Only 4 days until I fly to sunny San Francisco! I’ve been putting together my to-do (to-see) list for a while now, and I wanted to share it with all of you!
- Bay Bridge (Grand lighting ceremony March 5th)
- Original Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory
- Alcatraz (Which I still need to buy tickets for! I hear they sell out a week in advance! Hope I’m not too late!)
- SF MoMa (AKA The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art)
- Full House houses (do these have a formal name??)
- Bibliohead bookstore
- Nob Hill Tower
- Presidio of San Francisco
- Vista Tower
- Mile Rock Beach
- China Town
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Union Square
- An “Off the Grid” food event (at the Fort Mason Center)
- Ferry Building (Go Saturday morning/ early afternoon for the Farmer’s Market)
- IN N’ OUT BURGER
- Golden Gate Park
- Make sure to go to these Ice-Cream parlors: Bi Rite Creamery, Humphrey Slocombe, & Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous
- Make sure to go to these Coffee shops: Four Barrel, Sightglass, Philz, Blue Bottle, & Ritual.
Do you think I can do all of that in a week? My cousin also just told me she has a ton of other things for us to see as well. Do you have any suggestions on anything else I can’t miss? Please comment below!
PS- Thank you to Nellie for the awesome food suggestions, make sure to check out her page!
I love the 3 advertisements below because they don’t feel like advertisements. You’re transported to a place, you feel a certain emotion, you genuinely enjoy watching the video.
That’s what I think makes a great ad. I’m so used to seeing the same uncaring, “we just want your money”, “buy from us not them” commercials, it’s exhausting.
These 3 videos are a breath of fresh air and really do put me in a better mood. I’m in awe with how creative people can be, it’s truly inspiring.
..Which of the 3 did you like the best? Vote below!