For spring break this year some friends and I decided to road trip down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras (Not to worry- I’ll post about that trip too!) But first, we decided to spend a weekend in Nashville…and I thought I’d share some of the noms, nights, and sights from that leg of our journey!
For those of you who haven’t been to Nashville, you have to get there ASAP! This city is amazing. Seriously. There’s something happening on every street corner, the people are unbelievably friendly, and you just feel completely at home.
Some MUSTS in Nashville (AKA Music City) are:
- Shopping on Broadway and in ‘The Gulch’
- Dinner and drinks at Wildhorse Saloon (Hit up Robert’s Western Honky Tonk & Tootsie’s afterwards)
- You’ve GOTTA get some BBQ (Jack’s or Rippy’s)
- Centennial Park (The Parthenon replica is actually really impressive, plus it’s right by Vanderbilt’s campus which is neat to walk through…)
- The Johnny Cash Museum OR The Country Music Hall of Fame
- The Opry House (try to see a show here one night!)
- Head to some of the bars in Midtown (Way more locals=way more fun; My favorite: Winners & Losers Bar)
- Jack White’s Record Store, Third Man Records
- The Ryman Auditorium (Even if it’s just outside, you’ll appreciate the architecture)
Like I said, there is a lot to see and do in this fabulous city, so it is definitely worth your while to visit…and the next time you do, don’t hesitate to invite me!